OCCRRA Employment Page >> CPDS Project Regional Coordinator – Region 9 Central Ohio
Position: Comprehensive Professional Development System (CPDS) Project Regional Coordinator – Region 9
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Date Created: October 29, 2013
The Comprehensive Professional Development System Project Regional Coordinator works regionally to promote a coordinated approach to professional development delivery and targeted coaching during the grant term through December 30, 2015. In addition, this position facilitates online communities of practice.
Region 9 consists of the following counties: Union, Delaware, Madison, Franklin, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct regional meetings and activities with the established professional development networks to foster team building and build on the strength of each network.
- Facilitate regional communication between the established professional development networks.
- Participate in train the trainer sessions and additional activities that will ensure delivery fidelity.
- Deliver the Standards modules as well as the modules created through the CPDS grant.
- Participate in regular professional development that provides content relevant to coaching, involving administration in the coaching relationship, ways to assess environment and teaching practices, communication skills, Environment Rating Scales (ERS) and CLASS.
- Serve at least 10 teachers in programs serving children with high needs utilizing the indicated coaching model and required procedures to further their knowledge of standards and assessment implementation.
- Use ERS, CLASS and the materials and resources available to differentiate the coaching strategy dependent on the skills and knowledge of the provider.
Facilitation of Online Communities of Practice:
- Promote the Online Community of Practice to teachers and the established professional development networks.
- Provide log in instructions and answer questions about the Online Community of Practice as needed.
- Monitor, utilize and post to the Online Community of Practice site.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of CPDS Project and Chief Executive Officer
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred. Undergraduate studies in early childhood development, education or related field required.
- A minimum of five years experience in the early childhood or education.
- A minimum of five years experience delivering professional development modules and adult learning.
- Ability to become proficient in the indicated assessment tools (ie. Class and ERS).
- Bilingual preferred.
- Track record of a proactive work style, organized, and high attention to detail important to success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Documented oral and written communication skills, time management skills, and organizational skills.
Conditions of Work:
- Full–time position
- Flexible hours varying from the 40 hour week, including occasional evenings & weekend hours & overnight travel. Frequent travel within the region required.
- Work site is to be determined as this position is regional.
- Benefits available.
Apply for Position:
Interested candidates should send their resume, salary history, and job specific narrative to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link, for more information about OCCRRA.